With the many control panels in the market today, CPanel hosting is considered one of the best and is commonly used by website owners. With its graphical user interface and automation tools, the control of various aspects of the website and server administration is made easier. Usually, CPanel comes with any of the following script installers for an additional fee: Installatron, Fantastico, Softaculous and WHMSonic. These script installers automatically conduct the installation and the updates in web applications such as WordPress, SMF, Drupal, Joomla!, Moodle, Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware, WHMCS and ZamFoo. Among these script installers, the most popular is Fantastico.
If you do not plan to include the script installers because of the additional fee, you can do the following to create, edit and update the web pages:
- CPanel’s File Manager allows you to easily upload and manage web pages.
- CPanel’s Web Disk allows you to drag and drop files in the customer’s account.
- Do file transfer by using the traditional methods such as FTP, SFTP and FTPS.
There are more features you can take use in CPanel that simplify your tasks, as listed below:
- The ability to create numerous email accounts;
- The ability to easily install web-based applications such as blogs, shopping carts and forums: All you need to do is answer some questions in the cPanel interface and it will be automatically installed for you;
- The ability to backup data using CPanel’s Backup Wizard. Backing up data is an important thing to do from time to time as we do not know when the drive might crash;
- The ability to protect a site’s content and bandwidth from abuse: This is very vital to anyone who has a website—always note that it is a must to have anti- virus for virus protection;
- The ability to generate and view statistics about visitors: CPanel has three different statistics generators that allow you to be able to get web statistics in the owner’s website;
- The ability to review error logs to locate broken links and other problems: With CPanel, developers can easily view the server’s PHP configuration and modify the web pages with errors;
- With CPanel’s localization ability, it is now easier to set the language to any of the following: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish;
- CPanel also provides email management as it supports the standard mail protocols such as POP, IMAP, and SMTP. They also have an interface solely for email checking so the users can access their emails anytime.
With the above features and functionalities of CPanel mentioned, there is no wonder why people opt for CPanel hosting services. This is because regardless of your previous experience to website hosting (or lack thereof), you can easily manage your website thru CPanel. All the things you need as a beginner is already there. Most of all, since it is GUI-designed, it is simpler and comprehensible to use.
Posted by admin on April 21st, 2011 :: Filed under cPanel Hosting,cPanel Hosting Services
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.